Drop-Out Prevention

If your academic average is lower than 65 and you have been put on academic probation, it may indicate that you are facing academic problems. In such a case, you are required to contact a faculty advisor and make an appointment with one of our counsellors on staff that is affiliated with your faculty - (please refer to the staff list here ENG). Please be sure to check the office hours of your faculty counsellor, and set an appointment through the office secretary.

Counselling services offered through the Beatrice Weston Unit for the Advancement of Students also takes into account learning aspects including: assessment of learning skills with inferences on the learning process thus far, as well as considering emotional difficulties which may have disrupted regular learning processes during the semester. Perhaps these sessions will reveal that the problem lies in other factors, which the counsellors will attempt to address.

There is a large pool of student tutors who can assist you in clarifying subject-related problems or to minimize learning gaps.

Our counsellors are here to assist you meet your academic requirements through several one-on-one sessions and follow-up meetings.

When should I seek help?
We recommend seeking advice as soon as possible for best solutions and results.